What I love about Madrid is the diversity of the city’s architecture. It is old. It is modern. It is art deco and so on making it fun to photograph for me. But it's not only the building themselves are interesting to photograph but the building exteriors too, with small fine details on them that most people miss as they walk by. I remember afternoon in Madrid spending time looking and photographing roof tops. Some of the building had interesting chimneys and some are capped statues. I really do not why someone why put a status so way high because people walking on the streets could not see the details in the status.

Then there are the streets, the way they flow too. Not like straight grid where blocks are rectangles which is boring. Some street I walked flow like a stream or river, flowing to the left or right with little balls on both side lining the route. At the end this street I would be greeted with an interesting statue to photograph. Many times walking along the streets of Madrid was rewarded with a tapas bars with their rich decoration to photograph or photographing a local interacting with their lovely city.

I can say there is beautiful artwork in the Prado Museum. I can also say there is beautiful artwork in the streets of Madrid too. It just a different type of art I am see! wink