Originally Posted By Crisco
However no matter how much they prettify Montera with trees and plants, the police park and stand around and just watch the "action"!!!
Dude (or Dudess), prostitution is legal in Spain!! What is the police going to do? True, performing sexual acts in the street is not permitted, but the "business" of prostitution is allowed.

I like to tell my story of having walked up and down Calle Montera for years in the 1990s without even noticing the prostitutes. Most of them dress in normal street clothes and, frankly, most were/are UNattractive. Now, you can only tell, in most cases, because they're usually leaning up against a lamp post or wall for extended periods of time, doing nothing. Besides, an active sex-trade in Calle Montera does not make the street or the area a dangerous place. Before moving to Madrid, I would've thought just the opposite. And if you're a woman walking down Calle Montera you won't even be noticed. Amsterdam has an active sex-trade and its one of the safest cities in the world.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog