I am planning a trip to Spain next year for Holy Week. I'd like to spend part of the time in Sevilla. I found a nice hostal there, but when I contacted them, I was told that their cancellation policy is this: 50% charge up till the week before. 100% to cancel that week. I can understand penalties for cancelling close to the time, but my plans at the moment are not certain, so I don't want to make a reservation that I might have to alter or change. Has anyone else heard of this policy? The other thing is, this hostal wants me to send my credit card number via e-mail. How can they charge the card with having the card and the other information usually required? (the last hostal I stayed at also asked for my credit card info, which I gave, but during the time of booking and actually staying there, my credit card number changed, so if they had tried to charge it, it wouldn't have gone through)

Sorry if this is getting too long. I'm just wanting to know what other people have found with booking/cancellation policies at hostals in Spain.Thanks!