Lots of times I went to a bullfight alone having bought a scalper ticket for a San Isidro feria corrida, and I was seated in the middle of about 20 of those cigar and whiskey old men. They actually treated me very well explaining endlessly their opinions about what was going on. I wish I had a picture of myself sitting with them. It would be funny.

On the other hand, there was a rather obnoxious Englishman another time who looked me up, down and sideways and said "women don't go to bullfights alone". That was 20 years ago. I'm sure all the El Juli female fans changed that situation.

I had a look around the Museo Taurino in Madrid on my recent visit. I hadn't been in there for awile, and they rearranged it with a lot of new displays. The traje de luces that El Yiyo died in has been put on display since I was last there with all the blood still on the shirt. It was a shock to see it, because I'm sure I saw him perform in that same black and gold suit. Not on the day he died, but another time not long before. The suit looked brand new when I saw him, and it looked brand new displayed at the museum.

I also stayed up until 5 in the morning watching an endless TV program about the life of Jesulin - all his women etc. It was like a real soap opera, but I couldn't stop watching. The program went on for hours.

I agree with MadridMan that this has been a good discussion. Most discussions on this subject get out of control pretty quickly.

There certainly is a segment of the Spanish population that has no interest in bullfighting, but there are also segments of the American population that have no interest in baseball or rap music, but these things are extremely popular. Everybody can't like everything.