Hey Everyone, now that the holiday season is upon us I thought it would be a great idea to share holiday family traditions we grew up with as kids and still hold on to today. Having so many people from all over the world in MM's SMB I'm sure many of us would be interested in reading how we celebrate these special days.

When i was growing up Thanksgiving was possibly the most important holiday because of it's emphasis on family and being grateful of the things we had. It's still very important to me and we keep a tradition of having just the immediate family and parents for dinner. Also everyone has to cook something. When my wife was with us she loved making all the desserts; I was in charge of the turkey and the boys did the prepping for the dressing and other goodies. We all had a great time in the kitchen and all enjoyed taking part in preparing our dinner. The boys felt really honored when we'd ask them to pour the wine. Yes, even when they were young they were allowed to have a small glass of wine on special occasions.

New Year's we pretty much stayed home and have a small party and break open the champagne or sometimes we would go to Disneyland to ring in the New year. I get up early on New Year's day and prepare buñuelos and coffee and wake everyone up to view the Tournament of Roses Parade, and of course all of the bowl games. On Jan 2nd, we head out to view the floats (which are quite spectacular) and then go to lunch or have dinner.

So, these are just a few of things we do during the holidays. What about you?

Edited by OsoMajor (11/26/09 09:46 PM)