Before I visited Barcelona years ago, I did my research and came across a website that listed almost weekly the crime that takes place on Ramblas. I posted something MM after I came back about how safe I felt on Las Ramblas and I visited it almost daily for over a week.

I have to disagree with not looking like a tourist because I will standout in a crowd. I am busy shooting photographs, will tell people how to pose or polity ask them move if they are in my photograph. So everyone will hear my New York City accent. I give up trying not to look like a tourist because I act as one but I was "always" aware of surrounding.

But still after all these years and traveling to other destinations, I have never seen so many stupid tourists in one area like my everyday visits to the Las Ramblas. Tourists doing stupid things that leave themselves open to the possibly they will be a victim of a crime. Some tourists would still play Three Card Monty, come on everyone know it is a scam and there is no excuse to become a victim of this street hustle.

I think if I had to give a lesson to a novice tourist, I would take them to the Las Ramblas and let them watch other tourists so they would know what not to do.

Bill