I wanted just to transfer Aussieflyerīs comments about whatīs going on in Australia right now ( from the shoutbox ) . The worst natural ( maybe not completely ) disaster in Australian modern history.
I have been so moved by whatīs happening over there .. I have family and friends in Australia though , thankfully , not in the worst hit areas .
Nearly 200 people have died despite the very best efforts of the Australian emergency services .. And these guys are working 24/7 to control the disaster .
I watched a brief interview with a man who lost both his kids and another who lost his grandparents ... Absolutely heartbreaking .......
The prime minister of Australia , Kevin Rudd , couldnīt even complete one interview due to his distress ... At last we see a politician with a heart ( no matter what you think of his politics ) ..
Australia has always been a strong country and magnificently beautiful . Iīm sure , despite the horror of whatīs happening , you guys will get back on your feet .. though it will undoubtably be difficult .
Some areas are being treated as a crime scene . Itīs hard to imagine what twisted minds want to start these bush fires deliberately .
Kevin Rudd was in no mood to compromise and vowed to catch these guys and charge them with mass murder . I think he probably echoes most Australianīs opinions .. If not the worldīs . Steve

Edited by steve robinson (02/10/09 12:15 PM)