Yes Steve,

I married my Philippina wife in Torrejon de Ardoz and am quite familiar with the Philippino community in Madrid. It makes me happy every time I return to Spain to still see it. When I visited in 1999, I attended the independence day party, June 12, I believe. And we always visit friends that we remember from 1977-1980. Some married to Spaniards, some still plodding along on their own. The only downside to the Spanish/Philippino ralationship is the tragic stories I hear from them when they become entangled in the Spanish justice system.

I maintain a close relation with the Philippino community here in Michigan, and one of the priest of my church is a good friend and a Philippino. They are a delightful people, no matter where you contact them in this world.

I just find it amusing to see a couple of Philippinas in a MadridMan eek (oops...almost did the small 'm' thing) gathering. Speaking from personal experience, anyone would be quite fortunate to marry one.