Virmonsal:

To be sincere, I don't like very much the rules of the Real Academia, because they are too "popular", and include too many neologisms and anglicisms. They are contributing to the decadence of the spanish language, precisely through some unnecesary blend with others.

If people speak some spanish in their second generation in some states in the USA, it is not to do something heroic, as you seem to mean, but to communicate with their family and friends, ho use it also.

However, I believe many people speak that jergon just because they think it's cool. Sounds great in a rap, for example, no? (for you, maybe). I believe this hybrid language, doesn't bring any good, it's only a proof of the degradation of the Spanish in their mouths (since they can also speak american English), and what is worse, that they wouldn't speak it at al (perhaps they would speak english only, but well, at least) unless it sounded cool to them.

So, in my opinion, they are not trying to protect their ancestors language, but to be more lke popular, with very few respect for that venerable language.

Miche:

Folowing your example, I, and I believe Fernando, try to speak the best English we can. If we can't do better, it's not because we don't try the harder possible. We don't insert spanish words all along the text, pronounced wrongly, and above all, we don't do it on purpose.

If our grammar is not perfect, maybe it a 7 out or 10 or a 8 out of 10, or whatever, but not 2 out of 10.