Hotel Maestrana on Gamazo 12, 954-561-070 www.hotel-maestranza.com

I stayed here for five days, February 18 - February 23 2005 and the hotel is located in area not far from the Seville’s Bull Ring. It’s a five minutes walk to the cathedral, ten to the Santa Cruz area from the hotel. I founded the area were the hotel is located, less touristy and more quiet at night than the famous Santa Cruz area. I had a small single room with a large firm bed, a safe, full bathroom, bathtub/shower and hair driver. Staff was friendly and there are plenty of places to have breakfast or buy some water/juice. Plenty of tapas bars close by and they must be good because they were packed with locals almost every night.

Right across from the hotel is a food store, way in the back they serve great coffee which I had almost everyday. Next door you can get some great meals at Bodega Paco Gongora, which I had. Beware their full portions are large and they only have eight tables but prices are great and if you ask they have an English menu. I can recommend the hotel and would stay again. For $41 euros night, I think it was a great price for the location and quality of service I received.

Bill