DD the issue of immigration is also to be blamed on the American government. Immigration won’t be stopped by the Arizona dessert or Los Pinos. It will be stopped when the most powerful country in the world stops playing the big corporations game and passes a law that requires effective proof of residency or citizenship to obtain a job in this country. How do you think the millions of illegal immigrants managed to not only crossed the borders of the most powerful country, but also to get a house, buy a car, and open a bank account here? It is your own country allowing this. It benefits business. Immigration is not new and your government knows how to solve the issue, but they won’t. What do you want? Fox to say, U.S. please pass a law that will stop millions of dollars from coming to my economy. Of course it won’t happen and Mexico won’t move a finger to stop this. But this does not make the U.S. less responsible for the whole situation.

Also, you posted my message at work and your employees think you are right and I’m wrong. Oh! How surprising. Please don’t fool yourself. They are your employees!!! Why don’t you better ask the members of the board?

Ok. And going back to the original subject:

I saw on PBS a program about the relationship between Walmart and China. I was really surprised to see the amount of American companies and jobs that have been shifted to Asia and specifically to China. I don't even understand why the U.S. is giving so much leverage to China.

In this context, I think Mexico had a similar opportunity when it became part of NAFTA, but I never saw the kind of massive investment that is going on in China happening in Mexico. I don't know to what extent the American corporation is just shopping around for the best cheap-labor market and every time they find a new market the investment will get bigger; or whether Mexico failed to capitalize on this opportunity to attract and make American companies stay in Mexico. As far as I know a lot of American companies have left, are thinking of leaving or have reduced its presence in Mexico to increase operations in China. Most Companies in Mexico stay to offer services to Mexican consumers or because the closeness with the U.S. is important to them. I think of Mexico as the big looser to China.

Do you think that if the U.S. had invested half what they invest in China it would have been really good for Mexico and the U.S.? Meaning less immigration and social service expenses for the U.S. and more jobs and investment in Mexico.