El Viajero:
I think the report about training camps for Al-Qaeda in the North were shown by Colin Powell in his UN speech. Am I wrong?
In any case, the next day it was widely known that the north was out of Saddam´s control since 1992: that part of the country was constantly watched and bombed by American planes, and the Kurds were mostly independent there.
Gazpacho: definitively I like you, I like your being so sincere and your lack of self-righteousness in a thread where each one wants to show "how pure my feelings on this matter are". However I still don`t agree you. And yes, Carlos IV and Fernando VII are fascinating fellows. I wonder how is it possible that such a stupid, evil and coward man ever existed!!! That`s the mistery over Fernando VII.
Booklady: yeah, it is an entangled matter to find out what can you believe, or when are you being fooled. As to those horrible stories about Saddam`s tortures...do you think the situation will improve now, as long as human rights are concerned, in Irak and the Middle East? Some have pointed at the risk of an Islamic revolution in Irak. That`s bad news, I think.