Fernando,

Please don't endict all Spaniards by what is happening in the streets. Even though we may disagree with their point of view, it's fantastic that they can express them. It wasn't all that long ago, that a demonstration against Franco would have led to a lot different reaction from the government.

A lot of what is happening in Spain is not unlike the demonstrations against the war we find here in the U.S. There are some people who have deep rooted convictions against war, but those that are most vocal, and the biggest problem are those who have their own agenda, and they almost always take the forefront in these arguments. For them, the demonstration has nothing to do with a fundamental belief that war is wrong, but because they have a political agenda that says "dispose of the government," for their own reasons. They also have money behind them, and that feeds their mission.

As for the press, just like in the U.S., they jump on the side which seems to offer the most support, and will sell more copy, or increase the viewing and listening audiences. It's business to them, and nothing more.

As for the polls, they are based on perceptions from media. They really don't matter that much.

As for the incident at the Palestine Hotel, I hope it is resolved properly. I'm not privy to what has transpired in the investigation, but know it is still going on, and until there is a definite answer as to what really happened, I will reserve my opinion. Rest assured, if it was an intentional act against the media housed there, I will ask that charges be lodged as well. We cannot allow this to be an issue that splits our beliefs because there are those who are trying to use it as a wedge to seperate the coalition.

You can be proud of being a Spaniard. You can also be proud of your stance on this issue. Do not let hecklers and mob action sway you from your beliefs. Democracy is too much of a treasure to throw away to mob violence.

Wolf