Booklady:
I`m happy that you are happy. wink But it is dangerous to prompt me to talk about my homeland! Eventually, as we say here, "I will bore the rocks". Indeed, I have written a 260 pages essay about Asturian myths (maybe this was not the thread to talk about it but well, I am quite proud of it and want everyone to know).
Jonsoniana:
Thank you for your support. I was beginning to wonder if I was seeing things!!!
Today, in the news from "La 2" (public TV, that is, government-controlled media), they said International Amnesty and some "media associations" claim the bombing over "Palestine Hotel" was a crime of war.
Fernando,
I don`t know if you ever saw the recordings about the wake for Franco`s corpe, in 1975. Some 300 000 people paraded before the coffin to greet him for the last time. They all did it willingly. And I am sure many people in Irak sincerely support(ed) Saddam Hussein. Only very clumsy dictators like Somoza manage to lose ALL the support from their subjects.
Today on the news I saw a couple of American troopers covering one of Saddam`s statues with an American flag, as an insult. Then people complained, so they withdrew it and put an Iraki flag instead. Well...it was a nice gesture. I mean it. There is one thing I like in Americans most: they are noble people. And yeah, I agree peace activists (including me) don`t have quite any idea about how to attain world peace.
But Bush and the hawks don`t fool me: they are doing all this for MONEY. They have invaded, and bombed, and murdered, and deceived, just for the profit. That`s all I say...