Carmenm or whoever,

Never been to Wonderland. Made it to Disneyworld last year though. I have been to other countries more than a few times. From what I can tell, here on earth, where us humans belong, the U.S. is as close as a person can come.
Perfect, no. But I am a mere tradesman and I have a lifestyle here most people in other countries could only envy. Sure, I work myself to death, but here, you see, it's worth it.
It's true that most of us in the U.S. are forced to labor for the necessities of life, but that's what makes us a productive and competitive people. I've seen a lot of the rest of the world and have enough friends in other countries. Oh yes, the U.S. is good about having a selection of people from other countries. If you could only talk to them about why they're here. And they'd all agree, if you can't make it in the U.S., you can't survive anywhere.
As for riots and other dissatified member in the U.S, that's their choice. Unfortunately there is a myth here, developed by the welfare-state undoubtably, that there exist a shortcut to a good life here in the U.S. Perhaps "Wonderland" even.
I love your country and I am familiar with much of it's history. I know that the communist in Austuria took one hell of a beating even before 1936 by Franco's troops. At times I even dream about living in Spain. But I have enough friends in Spain and am familiar enough with their lives to know better. Also, my last trip to Spain showed me the seemier side of the justice system there.
To end this rambling, I know you're just as proud of your country as I am mine, and well you should be. But giving away the necessities of life just because a person exist is not an American idea.