Fernando,

I have read your previous threads and have found them interesting and extremely thoughtful.
I have no problem being named an extremist (right, after all there is no left extremist...ha.ha). I think the only person that would be outraged by being labelled thusly is one who is not intellectually honest about his views.
Thanks for all your thoughtful post that have shown that some people from other countries can understand our position. We don't always do the correct things here in the U.S. I think that the kidnapping of Noriega was pretty high-handed of us. We sure wouldn't want another country invading us and removing our leader. But how could we respect a president here who wasn't interested in our sovereignty and security?
I have been to Spain lately and was really disappointed in the changes to the city because of security measures. What was once a fairly open place has really been buttoned down though I doubt that anyone unfamiliar with Madrid in the late seventies would realize how much. Perhaps the U.S. can't put the genie back in the bottle, but this current administration is doing their best from keeping it from getting any worse.