Cristobo, Carmenn, or whichever "personna" has taken over at this moment rolleyes ,

It was pretty obvious the posts were made by the same person, or two people who were allied, but that doesn't matter. It's what you post that rankles me. If you took the time to make honest appraisals, and offer up conflicting points of view on issues, to show why your philosophy was valid, you'd see that your offerings have been totally lopsided in intent. That's not acceptable when it comes to subjects that have such far reaching effects as what's happening in Iraq. There's more to the issue than just a blatant point of view which offers up one side of the issue.

Apparently you haven't read where I am not a Bush supporter, and apparently you aren't aware that I am Roman Catholic, not a member of a clergy. Just a Catholic, nothing more. As you can see, I'm also opposed to the Pope's statement that war is bad.. not that I think war is bad... but sometimes born out of necessity.

One of my closest friends is an Iranian exile. A man who has lived without being able to go back to his homeland, because he's Kurdish. When it comes to my knowledge about the Kurds, I don't read a propaganda source of information, I follow my instincts on the internet, go to the library and pull out scores of writings, and talk to people who are in the Kurdish community, to formulate my opinions. It beats the hell out of offering up some left wing propaganda like you do.

As for the situation in Romania, I might add I spend quite a bit of time each summer discussing the issues related to Romania with a Romanian/American who owns a small family restaurant, who I see at least three times a week. We sit for an hour or two each time I stop in, and discuss the "old Romania" and that which exists now, and is part of the coalition in Iraq. The only reason he doesn't move back to Romania is because he's now an American citizen, and he feels this is his home. By the way, he has first hand knowledge of the situation you referred to, and the question of whether or not there were "mass graves." The story he tells, of those days in his country, tell the story of a proud people, who eventually overthrew their communist keepers. You believe what you want, once again, I'll opt for someone who lived there, and through it.

Within the past week, I sat down, in private, with several Iraqis living here in the U.S. Although they have mixed emotions about the fact the coalition is in Iraq, they all have one thing in common. When it's over, they are happy in the knowledge they can return home, and begin a new life. They also indicated something else. We cannot expect the Muslim world to accept what's happening now, because of the strong ties of religion which is a secondary binder to their worldy borders. But they all alluded to one thing we should all remember. Islamic groups have always been at war with each other. The only thing that ever really brings them together is when there is someone from outside their world that attacks one of them. Within months, after Iraq is freed, they will be back to their "in-fighting," where fundamentalists will fight Sunnis, and both will fight Shi'ites because each one believes they are better than the other.

Believe what you want, but take some time to meet people who are directly affected by the happenings in Iraq. Don't keep preaching from the far left, without taking time to offer a resolution that will work for all parties concerned.

Wolf