wolf,

You clearly indicated that Genova was a poster boy for "your" (meaning mine) movement. That is a clear and direct link to me and my belief system. Therefore, you *did* implicate me as a believer in Genova's comments. The people I know who disagree with this war (including myself) do not believe in such nonsense and have never expressed thoughts like those Genova expressed. And that's why it doesn't outrage me when he says crap like that - Genova is one extreme and then you have extremists on the other side - both of which are equally disgusting and revolting (yes, that would be you gazpacho).

As we've all discussed, no one believes Saddam is a good guy. No one wants to see him "win." And I feel like this discussion is becoming a broken record - you say Al-Qaida supporters, we say "no proof." You say WMD, we say "no proof." This is really all of our problem - we stand at different sides because of what we believe constitutes proof. War supporters appear to be a bit naive - believing what they are fed by the administration even when it is proven as fallacy by the world order. When the the U.N. stamps "fallacy" on our "papers" then suddenly the U.N. becomes "irrelevant" and old allies become "old Europe." War supporters believe in "blank checks" for the administration, anti-war people believe that is a dangerous precedent to set considering human history.

There is plenty of sufferring in the world and yet we count oppressive regimes in places like Cameroon as part of our "coalition" to "liberate." Isn't that a little bit contradictory? Some of these countries even have to remain confidential...why, because they need our aid but don't want revolution at home. How sad is that?

And of course the Mosque incident has political ties. They don't *trust* us near their mosques because they remain unconvinced of our intent. The whole game of politics includes getting your message across...and we cannot be welcomed as liberators if we are not trusted - this is again a matter of politics and the U.S.'s failure to convince anyone but itself of it's purpose and goals. We are living in a vacuum.

And Cristobo brought up a good point about Turkey - both Kurdish populations are oppressed and yet we claim to be "liberating" one population and not the other? Where is the justice here? Where is our good deed in Turkey? Or is it that we can only "liberate" from foes we can fight? And yes - so far Iraq appears to be "unarmed." Look at how much of a threat they were to us - here we are three weeks into this thing and it appears (I say this tongue-in-cheek) to be almost over. Gee - good thing we got them in check. They were really going to terrorize us!

As for someone saying anti-war people will have "egg" on their faces after this is over. That's just sad. That just shows that some war supporters cannot fathom the idea of static and humanistic viewpoints and morals. Such a lack of understanding for ethics and morality makes me wonder just how much longer such a dysfunctional society can continue to function at all.