Gazpacho:
Irak is simply unarmed, and this is becoming increasingly obvious as this "war" (rather, unilateral attack) unfolds. If they had ANYTHING worth the name of an arm, they wouldn`t resort to pathetical things like suicide bombers. You know, I have heard nothing about any Iraqi war plane since the war began. Not a word. Amazing...
Wolf:
I ENJOYED "Diehard", I think Willis is cool, really. All I mean is, since I have been reading your anti-German posts, and all that stuff about European stupid reds who don`t feel any gratitude for America, well, I can`t help thinking that YOU believed the movie was something related to real life. And it just isn`t. I read also P.J.O`Rourke, and I laughed a lot, I think he is great; but his prejudices remind me a lot of you, too.
I am afraid I don`t understand you. You believe I am biased? You see, it was a journalist from the Washington Post who said TEN people had been shot in the checkpoint, instead of seven. And it was him who said that the civilians had not been waved prior to the shooting. I don`t think the Washington Post is exactly the Pravda, but well, neither I thought Bush might be ever defined as a "liberal"...
It will surprise you, but I am not exactly a Ceaucescu fan. My meetings in the Ba`az party don`t let me time to visit his grave and salute my Romanian comrades. Bad luck...All I meant was, if Timisoara was a sham, and the tale about incubators in Kuwait City hospital was another sham, then hey, maybe American army is not a reliable source...
I am not a communist, Wolf. The world is full of shades between black and white, and if you don`t support Bush, you don`t need to be neither a red, nor an Iraqi torturer.
I am an Asturian nationalist, and would love to see the end of European nation-states, and a united Europe of the peoples. I believe in free enterprise, and oppose any kind of centralized economy. Is that OK, or will you ask me for my baptism certificate?
And yes, I am both Cristobo Carrin and Carmenm, although the profile along with the first nick is the one which provides the accurate data: I chose a new identity just because things had grown too "hot" with the first one, and I wanted a break: but I have understood it was a mistake.