Wolf, wolf, wolf. You comparing me to Nicholas De Genova of Columbia is like me comparing you to Bush (whom you claim to dislike in many manners). Why do you insist on making such generalizations and assumptions? Quite insulting, really.

Have you heard ME want American soldiers to die? Have you heard ME call for a defeat like Vietnam? Are there crazies out there who do advocate such stupidity? Sure...but that's true of every side of this war. I'm beginning to expect nothing but smear campaigns from you. Instead of asking...you put me on the defensive. Think about it...if I did the same to you it would go something like this...

War supporters (or pro-war) don't care about freedom or Iraqi civilians. They just want to bomb the Iraqi people into submission so that they willingly give up their oil to the almighty American corporation. War supporters only driver is money and oil and profits and greed and lust and material things. They have no soul.

Do those arguments have any validity? Maybe to the extreme right wing, but I know they don't represent everyone who supports this war! There are unique and different reasons for the same positions some times.

And I'm glad 80% of the people in this country support this war - it gives those of you who support this mess some comfort and reassurance. And you do need it. Especially if what determines if this war is right or wrong comes down to public poll numbers instead of moral or ethical numbers. If it is all about numbers and not about "the right thing," then war U.S. war supporters really need the public-poll "moral" support since 80% of the *world* does not support this war.

As for a Kurdish or Shiite mother suffering from a continued Hussein reign...the same analogy can be said for the 400 civilians that have died from our bombs so far. I suppose telling them they were collateral damage is much more comforting than letting them at least have a chance at a peaceful and full life. Do you think they will understand that anymore than a continued Hussein reign? Imagine if your mother died from a foreign bomb because another country was trying to "liberate" us. Do you think you could rationalize that?

And you might remember the angry Iraqi mobs being shown on T.V. forcing our troops to retreat. There are two sides to the people of Iraq and I'm not confident anyone really considered whether we were welcome in the first place. I sure hope we ARE welcome because otherwise we will be in for another Vietnam. But I guess we never bothered to really find out what the Iraqi people wanted, right? Did we? Was there ever any cries for help? No, instead of researching that one, we'll find out after the fact. Another shining example of American foreign policy genius.

Cristobo - excellent and thought-provoking!