Booklady:

Quotes like the following have been taken from previous conversations (I have left out names for obvious reasons)...

"It's leaders like him that are gaining respect from nations of the world who refuse to accept being subjected to the atrocities of terrorism, and despots, and from "peace-niks" whose concerns have never been for the rights of humans, just their own cozy little worlds."

"When I read that "millions of people" are coming out in American cities to protest against the war, I begin to ask myself what the person who has written an article is smoking, or what kind of mushrooms they put on their steak."

This is laced with, as you so eloquently put it, VITRIOLIC language.

We all know this is a passionate issue and we all should respect that. If we accept that, we should also expect that emotions will run high. As seen above, both sides are guilty. I have admitted my guilt. Now please admit to the double-standard you are applying. You claim you want an open, honest, and fair debate, but then invalidate my arguments based on irrelevant and personal attacks on me and my character by calling me a teenager (in an obviously dergatory manner). Now it's shame on you!
:p

Just so you know, I will no longer respond to this part of the conversation - if you wish to attack me as a human being, then do so. I SURRENDER. My points and concerns, like those of everyone else on this board, concern the war and only the war. Not double-standards, not right-wing rhetoric, not distractions from the subject matter of interest here.

MadridMan: thanks for being such a kind host. Sorry if passions heated up too much.

To all: Let's remember that we all share the hope that we will see a quick resolution to this matter with the least amount of life lost. I think we can all agree that regardless of how we feel we got here, what caused it, or how it will ultimately be resolved, we all want to live a peaceful and free life.

Let's not forget what we have in common.