I know, I will regret this. I know it with certainty.
Everytime I get involved in this thread I get an ache in my stomach, but anyway I just needed to post the following:
"Richard Perle, who happens to be chairman of Mr. Bush's defence policy board, only this week called the UN "the chatterbox on the Hudson" - despite the fact that it's on the East River (hope his geography is a bit more accurate when he starts ordering the bombing!)
Perle was penning an obituary for the United Nations and he didn't seem too sad to see it go. "What will die is the fantasy of the UN as the foundation of a new world order...the liberal conceit of safety through international law administered by international institutions."
And what will replace the UN, in Mr. Perle's fairy tale world? Why the good ole USA of course! It will administer worldwide justice and punishment in the interests of "a new century favourable to American principles and interests"." (from Terry Jones, http://www.observer.co.uk/comment/story/0,6903,919899,00.html )
So Mr. Perle has just announced the birth of a new empire. Heil Perle!
By the way, I came across the other day to the answer of an old thread in this same board: Why was the first inspectors team kicked out of Irak? Well, just ask Scott Ritter, who was one of them and openly admitted being a spy. Anyway, not even him found a clue about forbidden weapons.

Wolf
I will not believe one single JOT that comes out from the US army sources; I think they have got totally discredited along last years, and especially from the beginning of this crisis. So I will not care a damn if they say that they have found a smalpox storage, of the damned gate to hell in Saddam´s cellar. If they are as reliable as when they bombed a medicine factory in Sudan, a convoy of refugees in Kosovo, or a bus in Syria, then I guess there is not the least reason to believe anyone wearing an uniform and talking in the bubbling box.
What is exactly the explanation from US government? "Oh, what a pity! We (and others) supported and armed Saddam for decades! How could we do such a mistake? We armed the Taliban, hey, that was not a good idea. We shot Mossadegh and eventually brought Islamic revolution to Iran. We greeted the birth of Pakistan, the first Islamic Republic in history, now a nuclear power. Our "intelligent bombs" have a strange knack to blast Chinese embassies and Syrian buses."
That makes up many mistakes in a row, I am afraid. But surely the guys on top know what they are doing:
"The answer is, now let`s start a new war, transform Irak into a protectorate, support Islamic bigotry in that country, and of course go on selling the Saudis all the weapons they need."
See? New mistakes for the future. Everything goes OK