Madridman,

Are we certain that President Aznar doesn't speak for the majority of Spaniards? I don't know if that's correct or not. From what I've gathered, even though I'm not certain, the polls that indicate 80% of the Spanish population is against his stand has been derived through radically disposed groups, opposed to Aznar, who have their own following. If that's true, the results would definitely be skewed, and it might not be anywhere near the true feelings of the people.

In either case, I too applaude President Aznar for his stance on the issue. It's leaders like him that are gaining respect from nations of the world who refuse to accept being subjected to the atrocities of terrorism, and despots, and from "peace-niks" whose concerns have never been for the rights of humans, just their own cozy little worlds.

I also agree with Fernando. How can anyone talk about "peace," and do it violently? It's an oxymoron, and to be honest, the people who act that way can leave the "oxy" off their names. They are, in every sense of the word, morons. They'd silence objectors to their point of view through violence.

Gee! Doesn't that sound like something we've already seen? Oh yeah! Demonstrations in places like Baghdad, where anyone who would dare to oppose this unruly crowd would be killed.

Wolf