Many of my friends, who know me well, have asked me why I am not part of the peace movement. My answer, and this is one that took me many months to reach, is what counter policy does the peace movement provide the world? Other than supporting Saddam Hussein indirectly, if not directly? Or, bashing the U.S.?

Are they upholding universal human values? The world has yet to reach agreement on universal human values. The peace movement has not yet said that it will not stand for the oppression of Iraqi and Kurdish women? The Iraqi genocide of the Shiites in Iraq? The horrible repression of human rights by Iraq? As I looked at the banners, I did not see any banners saying: "Stop the rape of Iraqi women," or, "Stop building Palaces and give bread to the Iraqi people."

For many years the UN sanctions against Iraq have been criticized. The poverty, lack of food, medicine, etc. that the Iraqi people have had to live, yet Saddam Hussein has used the funds for Oil-for-Food, to build these beautiful palaces, which some people actually feel sad about their destruction! Saddam Hussein has used the oil black Market to enrich himself. Forbes Magazine carried an article about Saddam being on the top Billionaire list! He likes the sanctions, he has become enriched and can still blame the West and the U.N. for the social conditions in Iraq!

But what the folks in the Peace Movement have failed to realize is that Saddam did not disarm peacefully. He lost his war of aggression against another Arab nation, Kuwait. He was told to disarm and allow U.N. inspectors to view the destruction of these weapons. He had many chances to do so, many years to do so. The plain fact is that he had no plan to disarm. He lied about having SCUD missiles, that's a fact. If he disarmed, he had no need to use the SCUD's.

So why do I support our coalition soldiers? Because they are taking care of the mess that the U.N. failed to fix. Why? I am afraid of another Twin Towers catastrophe, hitting our country or our allied countries. Is that selfish? Ask yourself, do you want Madrid, Barcelona, Nice, Paris, Rome, Florence, London, hit like New York City was?

It does not take a person with a great brain, to come to the conclusion that if you have a person like Saddam Hussein, with billions of oil dollars, and a strong hatred toward the West, particularly the U.S., that he is not going to support the terrorists any way he can? He openly gives thousands of dollars to families of dead terrorists.

Terrorism is an expensive undertaking. You have to have money to support terrorism. Saddam Hussein has been supporting terrorism. He needs to be stopped for the sake of the Iraqi people and for the sake of our own folks back home!