back to the original topic, being a traveller in Europe and anti-war sentiment - It would be easier to travel in Europe and say "I am against the war too, I'm not in agreement with US actions" - since in GENERAL, Europeans are against the war and you can discuss the topic in agreement. I was in Paris, Amsterdam and Belgium over Thanksgiving and many times after finding out my friend and I were american, people wanted to jump right into a discussion about politics. I tried to keep those converstations light and change the subject if I had to, since I am for the war, I was on vacation, and I did not feel like a heated debate. War is sad, but I am for this war - at this point. I'm not going to go into why (there's enough discussion about that in the thread already) but I just want to tell other American travellers to be prepared for questions and a little anti-american government feeling (not anti-american, just anti-american government) and just be cafeful - you are a guest in another country and while it is fine and great to debate, just be prepared. I was sitting in a bar in Brugge having a pleasant talk with some old man and out of the blue he said "you are allright for an american but I HATE Bush, I HATE that man. I just politely changed the subject. In Amsterdam, I also found myself defending capitolism and our health care (or lack of) system in the US. Whenever I run into a foreign visitor here, I try to be respectful and just ask questions if I don't agree with their political views. I find more and more that people don't always do that. They will tell you whatever they think! It makes travelling fun, in a way, and sometimes it is a little offensive. Like 13 years ago when I was in a Wimpy's in London's picadilly circus and an arab man cornered me and YELLED at me for 5 minutes about how much he hated americans. It was scary, especially at 18 years old. Just be prepared. It's a learning experience! I try to represent our country by being a considerate traveller. People sometimes assume I may be a little more liberal because I'm female, look pretty young, wear a backpack and a ponytail, like a college student. Plus, I used to be. I protested the first Gulf war! I just have changed my mind since then. But I have never changed my mind about being open-minded, and coming across that way especially when I travel. Allright, I've rambled. Just be prepared Americans - have an open mind, It's OK to disagree but be polite and enjoy your trip.