I’m not sure if this post should be in the new political forum. I'm sure MM will let me know. smile I’m wondering if anyone here has seen the documentary “La Pelota vasca. La piel contra la piedra” by Julio Medem (director of Lucia y el Sexo – a great film). Anyway, I saw “Basque Ball” at Sundance and it was an overwhelming introduction to the history and present state of the Basque conflict. I think he interviewed 70+ people from all sides – ETA sympathizers, people whose family members were killed by ETA, and people caught in the middle of struggle. It was well-made, I think, but a lot of information to process, especially by someone who did not grow up in Spain. It seems he tried to make a non-biased film but I know it did spark some controversy. I’m wondering if anyone here (especially Spaniards) have heard of it or seen it and if they feel it was fair or accurate.

My interest in Spain has drawn me to a pursuit to understand the history and politics of the regions – I have read a little about Catalunya but nothing yet of Basque country.

mittens