WOW....finally we did our trip...and unfortunately, now back.... frown
I truly wish we are still back there...Spain is incredible! It's lovely and has everything taht will delight any visitor...

1st, this is how my trip goes : 2 nights Madrid -bus and 1 night Toledo - bus back to 2 nights Madrid - flight n 2 nights Granada - Train n 2 nights Ronda - Bus n 1 night Sevilla - Flight n 4 nights BCN - Bus n 2 nights in Espot, a rural village which is a gateway to d Aiguestortes nd Sant Maurici Lake National Park.

Next, on 11 M we were getting ready to check out n on my way to the airport for flight to Granada. Thank God we arranged for flight, not train. Subsequently we experienced pple going on streets in Granada, and what struck us was that the Spaniards were so united in face of adversity and mature and peaceful in their demostrations n protests n mourning...I am at loss for words to describe...

Now, for the hostals...

Madrid - well initially I intended to stay at Adriano, then tot we'd stayed at a proper hotel..things happened...anyway in the end, for 1st 2 nights, we stayed at Hostal Mirentxu, and I must say that for the incredible 35 euros we paid, truly value for money! We had a double room with own shower and toilet n heater. Room was made & sheets changed everyday. The couple owners were always cleaning around the place! the son Carlos spoke Eng n friendly : ) Of course the flip side is the shower&loo has no proper door but drawn curtains but it's no bother to us. It's also centrally located (calle zorilla) in a very safe street, near the Congress n police station! We felt very safe.
Marid - the last 2 nights we satyed at Hostal Villar, we paid 42 euros, n we deemed it another great place. Clean, with TV too! Again, rooms were cleaned everyday and the place is centrally located .

Toledo - We LOVED this place...so glad we stayed a night there! We stayed at hotel Santa Isabel, and it's the BEST hotel we stayed for Spain...doors operated with magnetic cards! It's only 46 euros for a double room with pte bathroom. We get a truly hotel style room...very clean n neat n brand new.

Granada - we stayed at Hostal Nuevas Naciones (calle san juan de dios, placeta de trivino), http://granadainfo.com/nuevas/granadahostal.htm
Again another great place value for money....38.50 euros for double room with TV n own shower n loo. Clean n room made everyday. Very friendly owner who even let us have hot water to make our cup noodles! It's located in the down hill from Alhambra, but to us it's great location as it's near many great shops n eateries. here i MUST side-track - we had our BEST meal in Granada....simple fare- paella, garlic mayo stuff baked potatoes etc, BUT everything so heavenly! Including their garlic-soaked olives!!! It's called Antigua Bodega Castaneda along 5 calle Elvira...yummy...

Ronda - hotel royal, www.tonda.net/usuar/hotelroyal Another great place! We paid 46 eu for double room with pte bathroom, n TV. Clean n great location, mere mins away from the gorge, n it's just infront the park! Lovely....

Seville - we stayed in hostal arias www.hostalarias.com It's great location as it's just behidn the cathedral, along calle mariana de pineda, and it's actually amongst many other hostals e.g. hostal picasso. We paid 46 eu for a double room with TV n pte shower n loo. but...we found it not that...we were given the ground room next to the recep, which we didnt protest since just for a night. Needless to say, it's quite noisy. But the heater was VERY strong.... : )

BCN - for 1st 3 nights we stayed in Plaza Hostal...and well, this is the only hostel which we wouldn't go back again...we paid 60 euros for a double with pte shower n loo, no TV n the heater didn't seem to work. Not very clean. We rejected the 1st room and asked to change as the bed was really squeaky. But still, it's in a good location. The last night after we came back from Espot we stayed at Hostal Goya. NOW...I 'd great rec this place!!! We paid 56.71 for double with shower n loo. Clean. Though no TV, there's a common room with TV and mags n guess what, electric kettle and coffee etc n cups for use! Friendly staff. Also hair-dryer for borrowing.

Espot - this rural village n the national park was our FAV....we stayed at hotel saurat, http://www.hotelsaurat.com We paid 74 euro for double with pte bathroom n balcony n continental buffet breakfast n TV n heater. Worth every cent! karol the staff was most friendly in her emails n in person.

Ok...that's it for now....sorry if the above seems delirious ....I tot I should get the above out before I put it off !

Do let me know if you need any other details.

I must say a BIG thanks to all of you here. This board was Fantanstic in helping us to put this trip together! Thank you!