Well actually, I'm having quite a great time here without the kids - I'm getting things accomplished that I'm very proud of - without interruptions! I'm also very much looking forward to next summer, when I plan to spend a loooong time in both Spain and Italy.... and I'm thrilled that the kids are feeling so at home in Spain. They're surrounded with wonderful people who care about them. My son has a great plan for the future that includes living in Spain at least 6 months a year, if not all year, and I'm confident that he'll pull it off.

This summer marks the tenth anniversary of our moving to the States after living in Spain for so long. Believe me, I know the "grass is greener" bit about Spain and the U.S. better than most!! There are excellent reasons for being in the U.S. now, and excellent reasons to move back to Spain. It all comes down to priorities and what you need to do at different points in your life. But as far as overall quality of life - the simple enjoyment of people and places - Spain wins with no contest. For my kids, now becoming young adults, Spain is wonderful. For me, since I'm immersed in various career projects, the U.S. is best right now. I think we're extraordinarily lucky to be able to know, appreciate and enjoy both places. I'd love to spend more time in Spain, and I have a feeling that some day, some how, it will happen! In the meantime, I'm thrilled that the kids can do it now!