Hi all,

I have thought long and hard before posting this, but since coming home from wondering around town today, and seeing the reactions of a few people felt I have to say what I want to.

March 11 was a terrible day for Spain in particular and for the world in general but now that the wailing and gnashing of teeth is over, we should still remember the victims.

Today, walking around Madrid, whilst all the royal wedding stupidity (I’m Not a royalist but that is beside the point), was going on I sat down to have a cup of coffee.

Homelessness doesn’t from my eye seem to be the problem here, that it is in London or Paris, but I watched people today abusing beggars at worst and circling them at best.

The victims of the bombings did not all die.

There will be people whose lives have been wrecked even though they carry no scars. I want you for one second to imagine the wreckage of a human body that an explosive device can cause. Firstly, amongst the survivors there will be the burns and missing limbs.

There will be people who will from that day onward will no longer father or mother children, genitalia and reproductive organs ripped and torn.

There will be burn victims whose faces will disturb you. You will not want to turn away and stare, but that human part of you will want to see anyway.

There will be people who through no fault of their own, will now feel fear every time they the sound of a train pass, who will break into sweats at every loud noise, like a firework. They may not be able to work anymore, they may break into tears at the thought of lost lives and hopes.

Let one good thing come from the terrible events of March 11, let it reawaken your compassion. Remember that there but for the grace god (whichever you follow) goes you.

The Keeper.

Everything you KNOW is wrong.