Ok, I have been checking your comment on the Alcobendas major yesterday and today, for I was pretty sure I read that in the newspaper El País, but none of my mates at work live there. Fortunately, today El País publishes it again, as anybody in Spain can tell:

When I spoke on this, I said:

For example, I read that he stopped four times estate speculator's plans in Alcobendas (major (PP)seems involved). He was very skillful to abort their plans without the scandal coming out, and he was strong enough to oppose his growing influence in the PP to the money and bought politicians of the speculators in the PP.

If YOU don't mind, Fernando eek rolleyes , let me remember that the new majors have JUST been elected some days ago, and that BEFORE there were others: I am speaking on Mr. Pablo Zúñiga who was Alcobendas' major at least in 2001, and (I just don't want to research anymore) almost certainly until 2003 elections. Almost twenty years?

See how Mr. Zúñiga was major in March 2001 doing a search with the See how Mr. Zúñiga was major in March 2001 doing a search with the Adobe search button

ONLY 6.000.000.000 euros corruption business with PP major stopped four times by (PP) Gallardón El mundo (spanish). Just as I said. Right?

They are as terrorists as ETA terrorists (or worse for using the state as an excuse

They are worse, but the reason is that they are using the enormous state resources and trained soldiers/policemen paid by citizens to preserve peace to do the opposite. State terrorism is terrorism but much worse, because it's made with more means and the protection of many politicians, judges, and policemen, and, thus, it's much more difficult to prove and punish.

If terrorism and wars against enemy defenceless (like in Gernika) is coward, state terrorism
is the maximum coward action possible.

Another correction rolleyes :

I said:

By the way, Galindo and 110 Guardias CIviles were accused of this, not just a couple, although only some have been to jail

Quote:
You can judge a collective of thousands for the crimes of a minority (the same way you can't judge basques as a whole by the crimes of a minority). Guardia Civil and Policía Nacional have made a brilliant and almost flawless work against ETA.
ETA terrorists are terrorists. But spanish policemen shouldn't be terrorists but policemen.

Don't compare the Guardia Civil with The BAsques. Compare the BAsques with the Spanish, and tha GC with thier opposing force, ETA. Both have used the same means, and its sadder when the police I pay use this means against my neighbour (who pays them also). It seems that the police should use others.

And it's not an exception as you try to make it seem. May I remind you of the three guys killed by error (confusing them with ETA members) in Andalucía by a "comando" whose commander was a Major of the GC? And others ...

By the way, ETA's terrorism can't be justified by GAL's terrorism

I am not justifying it, I am showing that they are not better, which is what you unsuccessfully try to prove.
ETA = Bad guys (agree) but GC=good guys (completely disagree), bad guys also.

Quote:
but when you say that every newspaper, every TV channel and every radio station is corrupted and manipulated (except, of course, the ultra-radical Gara you linked above), I can nothing but wonder what you consider media freedom...
Sure. Utra- super-multi-radical-extremist-fanatic Gara. In fact, which basque media you think it is not U-S-M-R-E-F?

If there is any, it will be until next government campaign that will tell you which are the radical bad guy's newspapers.

Well:

El País: Prisa Group. Always close to PSOE, as everybody knows.

Canal Plus España: Prisa Group

Canal Satélite Digital: Prisa Group

El Mundo: Ideologically against PSOE, close to PP with some writers far left, critizising PSOE from the left.

ABC: Ultraconservative newspaper close to the right wing of PP.

La Razón: PP points of views, even more than El Mundo.

TVE1: State TV (in the hands of PP).

TVE2: The same

Antena 3 TV: Controlled by Telefonica S.A., presidence of firm controlled by PP. Scandal for President salary (x million euros ¿6?) paid to make a media group supporting the PP.

Expansión: Main economy newpaper. Controlled by Pearson Group, with alliance with Telefónica who's got about 5% of Pearson.

Tele 5: Berlusconi (Aznar ally, and fascist, like him) TV.

Via Digital: Telefónica

and the rest.

The four nation-wide channels of TV TVE1, TVE2, Antena3 and Tele5 are controlled right now by the Government.

Also the most popular newspapers, excluding El País, the most read one, which is very close to PSOE (españolista too).

The two (soon to be merged) digital TVs, by PSOE and PP (españolista).

I don't know very well about radios, I don't hear them much, but SER, COPE, and, well, ALL the national ones, are controlled by them too.

I find it funny when the spanish media speak about basque people being misinformed because they can read only nationalist press. In fact, they are the only ones whose info is truly diverse, because they can see this media and also the basque press one, whereas the Spanish's opinion is based on unilateral points of view. The basques, the catalonians, and few more.

I am not saying that that press doesn't ever lie, but it's easier to uncover a lie when another newspaper gives a different info than waiting for God's mumble in your ear.

Remember Washington Post and New York Times. Nobody would have known what was going on if the WP hadn't uncovered it. In Spain there is not that media diversity, that makes the 4th power a help and not a chain.

We are chained by not being able to tell the truth (they don't publish what doesn't fit their interests), we cannot read the truth, and we are brainwashed by continuous biased info.