Kurt, no need to worry, I have no trouble speaking my mind. However, I think you're missing the parallels I'm talking about.

Some things over a message board or internet, never come across the way they were intended or get explained in the depth that they should. A good debate should be done in person. That said...

The European Union does have something of a Constution set up. Although it may be primarily more concerned at the moment with foreign policy and union economy, they are moving into other aspects of rule within union countries. (Immigration, for example.) Yes, each country has a different identity and I hope it stays that way! And each country still votes for their own people, who strangely enough how they vote also decides on which people are representing their country in the EU government! Doesn't seem so different to me!

Yes, like you said, each state doesn't get a say in how foreign policy is delt with... but how Florida handles illegal immigration is independent of the way California, Texas, or any of the northern border states deal with it. Not so in the Union. So the similiarities are closer than you would like to believe. But if you insist that they aren't, well, that's your opinion and you're entirely entitiled to it, as I am mine. And we can agree to disagree smile