Franco has been dead for 27 years now, will EVERYONE PLEASE GET OVER IT ALREADY?!!! Isn't it about time? It's ridiculous.

I'm honestly very curious Cali, do you come to Spain often?, do you spend time in the Pais Vasco when you do come visit? I ask this because a few times already the way in which you make jokes, or just mantain a humorous tone while discussing ETA really strikes me as odd, considering two things: I've vacationed in Zarauz for ten years and have NEVER found Basque people even DARE to talk about the terrorist issue in public (let alone joke about it, unthinkable!), not even at Jose Mª Alkorta's funeral in 2002, our last summer in Zarauz, which I attended because he was our appartment building neighbor. Well, to be exact, during Julio Iglesias Zamora's kidnapping, people started wearing blue ribbons to show their support for him, in Zarauz!, I remember we could not believe it (still no words though). Number two: I would never even dream about making fun in any way about September 11th.
This being said, in case you are wondering, I believe I'm considered to have a very healthy sense of humour but there are just limits to certain things....

And yes, it's been positively proven that during Felipe Gonzalez's govt. the PSOE people did try talking to the bastards....

Fernando, I just read your post, and you're right, the famous truce WAS INDEED a joke related to ETA after all....

One last thing, today's bomb didn't cause any damage because its 'temporizador' failed so they were able to get everybody out of the area and proceed to deactivate it.