Let me just get this out of the way first rolleyes . Good insight into web personae Asterault.

I asked a Guardia Civil cat about his hat in May (two really ancient-looking GCs) since I'd heard that the flat back was symbolic of their willingness to fight on behalf of the fascis...er...motherland even with their backs to the wall. The old man chuckled and said, "it's just comfortable". There's always a chasm between truth and legend...I'll take legend anyday, and I still think they're cool. wink

Emilyka: PP=fachas is not an uncommon belief, and not one based in fantasy either...oddly enough, the PP is known by many to be the true fusion of church and state. Those who remember what the Falange was all about know that this is simply "deja vu all over again." Ahh, the sweet images of Franco building a basilica on the forced labor of POWs. *sniff* *sniff*...hey, is that the "Siglo de Oro" I smell?!

toddy: That was some majority in 2000. Wow, the "vast majority" of Spaniards, all 46.6% of them, voted PP in the election of diputados and a whopping 44.6% wanted PP senators. If that's not a mandate from the masses, I don't know what is.

Sincerely,
George W. Bush

Spain\'s Election Results