If a person takes the time to check the records of past World Cup play, they'll find there's a "home field advantage" to almost all of them. For the most part, the only cups won by European teams have been won when the tournament is held in Europe. South American teams hold the same advantage. Why would anyone think that it wouldn't apply in Asia? Does anyone remember the Seoul Olympics, and how American & European athletes were constantly being "mis-judged?"

The Koreans "least favorite American" is Ohno, because a judge disqualified a Korean in speed skating during the past Olympics. What frosts me most is the fact that a Korean won a Gold Medal in a similar manner, due to a disqualification, but that didn't seem to matter. Hell! World wide sporting events (except track and field sometimes) are a version of "civilized warfare," no matter what anyone thinks. I'm waiting for some nation to change the rules for cross-country skiing and shooting to a "paint ball" shoot out on skis... eek

Then the Palestinians would add their own sport. It's called "The Mall blast." The suicide bombers would get 3 points for each "kill," and 1 point for each wounding. The winners would receive their medals "posthumously," and the flags would only be raised to half staff in honor of the bomber, not the people who were killed and maimed.

Like Nevado said, when you're close to the scene, and can see the true reaction of the Korean people, when someone gets injured, etc... it tells another story. World wide sports are political, not sportsmanship. It appears that died somewhere along the line. A pity. frown

Wolf (Who's attended two Olympics, and found both to be totally irreverant to what they stood for, just like the World Cup. I'll never waste my time attending them again.)