Wow! rolleyes it's not like i've ever been fooled by a sexy Roman. Darn it! Maybe I have. It's so sad. This summer while I was walking in Rome, this Italian man with dark tanned skin, dark hair and a thick accent swept me off my feet. To make a long story short, I should have stayed in Spain, the men are less sneaky there. Now that I think of it, I got played. mad I'm going to share my experience, so people believe that that article has some truth to it.

This past summer when I was on my weekend trip to Rome, I met a police officer on the train. I don't know why I thought that he was so suave, but I did. I wanted to grab something to eat while I was waiting for my next train, but I had no Lira. This sweet Roman officer, offered to buy me a McDonald's value meal. I don't know why I was so estactic. It was a stale burger in a dirty train station. Anyway, I was so inlove, because I thought, wow, he's so romantic, American guys would never buy a girl they didn't know something. Anyway, I came back to see him a few days later and he decided to take the day off of work to show me around Rome. Now, I thought, wow, he's taking the day off just for me, but he probably didn't even have to work. Then, he walks me all around Rome and told me all this history of the city. Not like I cared, but I thought, wow, how amazing that he knows so much history of his country, when Americans don't even know that the image on a 25 cent coin has changed. Anyway, after that he convinced me to change my air ticket and stay the night. He got me all the way to the ticket counter, but then I realized what he wanted and I wasn't going to just lay over and hand it over when he didn't even know my last name! :o I thought, if he wants me, he can come to Madrid and get me. So I left. But then, he said, oh I can't afford to come to Madrid, so me feeling sorry for him, hopped on a plane three days later to go back to Rome. He picked me up and took me to his rat hole, and yes, I mean rat hole apartment. It was horrible, it was the most filthiest place I had ever seen, but the first thing he told me, please forgive me, my apartment is not very nice... see that was a way to make me feel guilty for being superficial and feel even more sorry for him. He took me to the park, a filthy park with dirty pigeons and kissed me. i thought, oh, he's so romantic... how many american men take women to the park nowadays, but the reality, how convenient ... he didn't have to spend a dime and it was easy to get me all excited about being in Rome. To make a long story short... European men are more romantic, but only because we make them that way. Now that I think back, there was nothing romantic about McDonalds, his roach infested apartment, his old broken down car, his accent that was so horrible, I could never understand a word that was coming out of his mouth. I'll never date another Roman again.

roses.