I just came back from Madrid. I usually go twice a year to visit my parents, and every time I go I see change.

This time it was the euro ("eleuro" as my grandfather says laugh ) I think the bills and coins are cute. People is getting use to it, at least my family. But I have the feeling that everything is more expensive. I went to Zara and the prices were way to high mad ! I went food shopping with my mom and she spent a lot of money and didn't buy that much… but everything was SOOOOOOOOOOO good (I miss my mommy's meals frown )
I think people is more in a rush than they used to… but again, I'm living now in the middle of corn fields so maybe it was just as crazy when I lived there but I was used to it. Traffic was chaotic!

I was lucky enough to see Rayo Vallecano kicking Valencia's behind… wink I was there, in the stadium, and it was the first time I went to a "futbol" match… it was so exciting…specially when my neighborhood team was so great!

I went to a flamenco performance with my husband. He wanted to see one, I wasn't very sure because flamenco is not my favorite thing in the world, but it was very nice too…

People were great and ask me how "we" were doing after September 11th, they told me how horrible it was seeing those scenes from there and not being able to do anything…

The biggest news now is the woman who is going to be stoned (is this correct? I think you use stoned for drugs… what I mean is that they will throw stones at her until she dies) in Africa and they are trying to stop it. I didn't get all the info, but as soon as I can I'll go online to take a look to the newspaper. Another BIG thing was Operacion Triunfo and the "scandal" of the Misses.

It was fun, I miss my lovely and crazy Madrid….

Nuria