Just using my very basic powers of deduction.... from what I read the hole thing seems fishy. How can four officers mistakenly beat a black American, english speaking, probably well-dressed man because they think he's a local carthief? Unlikely!
Lets break it down..First of all they would have had to get close enough to him to beat him...its not like they attacked him from afar. When this would have happened the innocent musician would have pleaded out for the men to stop in his native tongue..... English (American dialect). Now if this car thief was as "notorius" as they say he was then they would have had a profile on him....that he was not an American...but in fact a Spaniard or an immigrant from Africa.

Fernando said....

"The black spanish population is not the 30% like in the US. It is much lower (0,1% may be?), and the majority of the blacks who are living in Spain are centroafrican inmigrants. Among them the crime is higher due to their precariety. And also the majority of them are illegal inmigrants."

If this is the case that the percentage of blacks in Spains is so low and they are usually illegal centroafican immigrants...then I wonder what percent of that small percent speak English and dress to the nines...because its not very likely a famous well paid Symphony musician is going to be dressed in Barcelona's latest immigrant street gear.

I'm not saying what the NAACP should or should not do or that the whole thing hasn't been sensationalized through the media but come on already.