I suspect from reading these postings that I am not the only person in the world who cries upon landing at Barajas airport (not because of lost luggage or a long time in immigration lines) and has "Spain on the brain" much of the time. I studied in Salamanca in 1990, and have been back in 1993 and 1995. I'm going again next week, this time to introduce my husband to Spain. He's never been, and I want so much for him to love it as I do. Any suggestions for helping him to end up "enamorado"?

We're going to Avila, Salamanca (I also cry when I get there--and more when I leave), Segovia, Toledo, and of course Madrid.

Because of being a student, I have never had enough money during previous trips to stay in nice places or eat restaurant food, and now we can do a bit of that. We have our accomodations all planned out, and of course will try some of the foods/sights/shopping discussed on this site and in travel publications. What else can make a visit to Spain special? For me, it's enough to simply BE there (and terribly sad to come home). I must sound a bit like Shirley MacLaine or something--don't worry, I don't think I was Spanish in a past life--I just think I belong there in THIS one!

Thanks--
Tara