laduque - and I understand what you're saying about wanting to hold on to your diversity. That is a good thing. But to me the most important is finding that balance to embrace the countries' customs where you find yourself. To me that is what this board and website are all about...embracing the spanish culture, understanding it and making it a part of ourselves through our journeys and interest in Spain. I have see too many hispanics that have lived in this country for YEARS and never bothered to learn English. They get catered to by US with options to do everything in Spanish like voting, ect. Do you think this is right? Can you see this type of thing happening in Spain or anywhere else? of course not. I agree with the Spaniard who posted that she felt like a guest here in the USA. That's how I felt living in Spain for 2 years and that's how I feel whenever I go back. I esforzarme to understand and accept what I see in Spain, even if it's different from what I'm used to here in Idaho. That's part of being a part of the world community wherever you are.

Leche