Hola,

Britain of course offers the easiest option being part of the EEC and thus not presenting much in the way of burocracy problems. I am not convinced that as many people say Britain has a greater cost of living. Leaving aside petrol and cigarettes I would say that pretty much everything else is reasonably priced and comparable with Spain. Of course most people refer to London as being expensive and that’s generally true. I live in the north west of England and it’s a very reasonable place to live in terms of cost.

It has, as has been pointed out, a very attractive feature for those wishing to travel to Spain and that is the cheap airline easyjet from Liverpool. You can be back in Madrid within 2 hours for about £30.

There is always a high demand for computer literate people; however, I would say that life in the work place would be very difficult in the absence of high ability at written and spoken English. I can speak Spanish reasonably well but I don’t think I would be brave enough to attempt to do technical work in Spain.

Anyway good luck.