Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the right forum section to post this but I wanted to start a topic about dentists in Spain.

I had a bad experience yesterday when I went to one of this dental clinics VITALDENT to fix a filling that had fallen down after 13 years in my mouth! I say bad experience because I didn't like the way the personnel worked and the final result to replace the filling was not as expected.

I had done my previous fillings in the USA and some of them still last today 13 years later. But finally I lost one and had to replace it. So I went to the mentioned clinic last week to have an appoinmet for yesterday. It was a filling/reconstruction and the the dentist, a young woman that was not even 30, finished in 20 minutes!! Moreover she was working alone without the help of any higienist or anything. The final job was a very brute filling, bad done to the point that it touched the adjacent teeth so I can not insert the dental floss in between!!! mad Not to mention the bad yellow colored material used for the filling and the fact that when I arrived home I brushed my teeth and tried used the dental floss, I lost like 2 small little parts the size of sand grains that I didn't know if it was part of my teeth or the filling.

I'm very mad because it is all done and I have the feeling that the filling wont last too much. I payed 48 Euros. One thing I can tell you is that I will not come back to that clinic ever. THe worst experience I have in my life. I just hope I dont get an infection or something because you should see the way the dentist was working.

The "funny" thing is that the clinic director wanted me to do a full treatment for 500 Euros!! Now I am happy I didn't do it.

How I wish my US dentist could be close to me now!! frown frown

Anyway.

Can anyone recommend a good Dentist here in Madrid? I have the feeling that I am going to have to go again pretty soon.

Thanks for your time, and if someone can help....