Since nobody else seems to have written anything I feel it my duty as a fan of Spain to say Congratulations to "La Seleccion Espanola " !! The win on penalties last night was absolutely nailbiting stuff and , after 88 years of never winning against Italy , we finally did it !!!
The King ( Juan Carlos ) and the Queen ( Sofia ) were at the match in Vienna and I have NEVER seen the King so animated .. jumping all over the place .
I took a walk down to the Plaza de Colon about 2 hours before the match and it was complete madness ... Wow ... you'd have felt totally proud to be Spanish ! The red and yellow flags were everywhere and even faces and bodies were painted . It was the hottest day of the year too and Madrid's emergency services were all on hand with SAMUR ( ambulances ) setting up mobile medical units .
My flatmate , who hates football ( but loves his country ) was hugging me like crazy when we won and we were out on my balcony , with a big Spanish flag and screaming "Podemos" and " Viva Espana " to the neighbourhood . Madrid was going wild with shouting and fireworks .
Russia next ....
Steve