My wife and I are heading to Madrid for our first time April 8 through April 14. We have traveled in Europe before so we can picture the Hostal type places that are popular here and generally like staying in this type of place. Our concern, however, is about the beds. As we use the place primarily for sleeping we don't place a large value on the size of the room, but do on the mattress. I am 6'4" and 225 lbs and simply don't fit well into every type of bed. I am concerned that some of the beds are small enough that I will not get a good nights sleep (not to mention my wife who is 6'0" herself) We have also been spoiled by good mattresses, and not being a small guy, I do not sleep very well on a thin mattress.

I have done a search here, but have not found a lot of info about bed sizes, except single/double discussions. Where would you suggest we stay? or How do you suggest we approach this?

Our priorities are:

1. Clean
2. A comfortable and large matress.
3. Price: 50 Euros sounds wonderful, I would like to stay under 90 Euros, but will consider up to 125 Euros if we need to.
4. Location: Appropriate for a first time visitor. We are however very used to subways, so sights don't necessarily have to be across the street as long as we are convienient to the subway. In fact we often prefer a more residential type neighborhood rather than the more touristy areas.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thank-you.

P.S. Madridman if you are reading, we want to try to make it to your party on April 11, sounds like great fun!