Quote:
I can`t accept WWII is simply something like "Hitler was the devil, and the allies saved the world". That is not history, that is propaganda. WWI was a fight for the control of colonial territories, which brought out the end of German colonial adventures. And WWII was the struggle of a certain number of industrial powers to manage the second stage of colonialism
If you're implying that every war has it's interests; that is a very redundant simplistic argument. However, a better, more complex and accurate argument would be the idea of a dictator's rise to power based on the propagandized nationlistic fodder many young and old Germans ate up created an out of control war machine that was hell bent on war. To a certain degree, the allys were the bad guys, because they didn't fry the mother*^%* sooner. In my opinion, the US, for instance, came way too late to fight. However, in the end, there was a bad guy and his regime named Hitler and there were good guys aaaaand guess what GERMANY, FRANCE, AND ITALY BECAME DEMOCRATIC COUNTRIES (over blood spilled by some of my relatives mind you) Wow, what a difference some good guys can make! laugh