Hello to all! I am just home from my trip to Spain. We had a great time and didnt want to come home. However, I have to let you all know about what happened with the apartment we stayed in in Madrid. It is listed under apartments as 1 Huerta Apartment. We showed up at the apartment and the owners were really really sweet and the apartment was great. I paid them right then for the four nights we were staying. I was with my two children, as as I am always more careful about keeping things neat when I am with them, we took good care of the apartment. On our last night I even swept the floor, cleaned up all the garbage, washed and put away the dishes, washed off the kitchen counter and the next morning I made the bed and put away the hide a bed. I figured all the owners would have to do is take out the garbage (I didnt know where to put it as I only saw recycle bins, but I did put it neatly in bags in the corner of the kitchen), mop the floor and wash the sheets and towels. Well, I come home and find out that the owners have been calling and harrassing my friend in Spain saying that we owe them money (for what I dont know) and that we left the place a disaster (absolutely not true). I dont know why they are harrasing him instead of calling or emailing me. I just thought I would bring this to the attention of anyone thinking of renting the place. It is too bad because it is a great place and I had intended on going back frequently and would have stayed there, but I do not need a hastle everytime either.

Thanks for all of your guys help planning our trip, it was great!

Julia