I have just returned from Sevilla where I stayed for a few days at the Hostal Atenas . The place is pretty to look at especially when you go in, but the rooms are a bit on the dull side, with no TV or radio. I am not much of a TV person but with the current situation I wanted to watch some news (no tv in the lobby either).

Later, walking on a nice street near the old train station and the bus station I found a super nice hostal ( Hostal Roma ) where for the same money I stayed for the rest of my visit (in a brand new room with excellent conditions all around including elevator and heating/a-c system). The place is brand new (rehab'd) all marmol, clean as whistle, and the owner is one of the fellows at the desk. The tab was about 48U$$ a night, including the IVA.

On the same street there is a a pretty cool (small--crowded like the devil) tapas place where the "menu" is pretty close to ideal: wine and beer versus cheese and country sausages on country bread. Most patrons were slightly twisted from the beer kept in a plastic tub, but what a nice crowd! (I think the name was La Tienda)
By the way, Roma does have a tv and writing table in every room. The owners have a sister hostal which is a little older but also very nice and I think it was a couple of EU's cheaper. Roma also gets you a discount for a garage (@ $11 x night) if you drive, but trust me, don't think about taking a car to Seville.

Juan