Kelly writes:
Quote:
So ... I will be in Sevilla thurs, fri, sat night... now the question, what to do the rest of the week. Can anybody tell me if I will have trouble, encounter super high prices for hostales in other cities in spain, early that week (Madrid, etc)????
I know the seashore resort hotels and hostals charge 'high season' prices during Semana Santa. Most Office employees in the large cities are off work Thurs. and Fri. of Semana Santa and the Monday after Easter. A lot of people take that whole week off and head for the shore. We took a train Madrid-Alicante early that week one year - it was super crowded! eek

You may also encounter higher prices in cities like Cordoba that have their own Semana Santa activities; but Madrid should be OK, especially early that week. Lots of Madrileños daytrip to places like Toledo and Segovia during Semana Santa. rolleyes
P.S.
Be sure to buy your Madrid-Sevilla reservations (on AVE) a few days early. Trains will be running pretty full Thursday. Same advice if you take Socibus/Secorbus.
AVISO!
Another problem you may not have considered for Semana Santa in Sevilla: Due to the large number of Processions Thursday and Friday, many streets will be closed during certain hours; bus routes will be disrupted and Taxistas will "take you for a ride!" The Ayuntamiento de Sevilla publishes a booklet each year giving the schedules for street closings (processions). Ask a Taxista for one and take it from there.