Two exams in a row have kept me away from posting in this interesting thread. Too many ideas have been thrown recently here.

Toddy: Your ideas to end with ETA may work in the USA but, althought I think some of them would be great here, the spanish government and the society have a problem: Since our elders have lived in the Franco's regime, we have changed to represion to the other extreme, in which everyone cares of being antidemocratic. Thus, prohibiting certain books because they are too nationalist is considered antidemocratic (no matter how big the lies they contain).

I like the Echelon system if it is used to end with ETA.

Ignacio: Don't be hypocrite and cinycal. Keep on posting and share your (missguided) opinions with us or don't post, but please don't say you are not going to post anymore and then surprise us with a page of International Amnesty (an organization that I don't like just a bit).

Have the police jailed you yet for your "last" post? wink

You have not posted any opinion, but I have visited the link you gave us. One may consider that what you mean (I only guess...) is that ETA kills because GAL killed before. For me both organizations are a group of terrorists and their members should be in jail. Not any single murder is acceptable, not even if it is also a terrorist. The GAL is state-terrorism, which is a shame to a democracy.

On the other topics: I feel that Spain has a lot to learn about USA, about the good things (such as your hard-working) and the bad things (I personally hate the death-penalty because I'm against any kind of murdering).

But believe it americans (this also work for other forgeiners): You also could learn precious things from other cultures. USA is not the perfect society, of course you are the main world power, but there are yet things you can improve in your lifestyle smile

We share (in general) a common pryde in regard of our countries. We see any critic as an attack. Something I have learn here is that we should take the critics as what they are: weak points.

Regards.

Fernando