Marco, I think Hispanics are discriminated in Spain too, no?

I do understand policy of peacful resolve against the Basques. ie. marches and moment of silence after each killing. However, I think Spain could learn a valuable lesson from the United States, an older modern day democracy (don't worry, we've learned a lot from Spain too so take a deep breathe and you just need a little humility minus a little of the Spanish pride). The real world means conflict; in or out of a democratic state. In non-emotional real world terms I think it is in Spain's national interest to stop the Basque independance movement now. The Basque country is a very valuable trade lane and should remain in Spanish hands.
So what's the solution? Simple, but yet difficult at the same time; tough love, carrot and the stick, and keeping the Spanish unified. Firstly, there must be a Spanish media campaign to stop ALL independance movements. Next, there must be a lot of money to pay off the Basque ruling elites. Finally, after that pay off occurs, the money should be threatened to be cut off for those provinces who refuse to allow reforms. Lastly, and most regretably, military muscle must be used in well thought out strategic strikes and infiltrations. From personal experience, when I was in the Basque country two years ago, I was on a bus and heard Basque school children singing nationalist songs. This should not be tolerated. Also, last summer, they were talking about "different" history books in the Basque country. This also should not be tolerated. I know this is a difficult issue in Spanish politics and I know there are no great democratic solutions. But waiting in marches will do nothing but allow a whole Basque generation to think of themselves as non-Spanish and anti-Spain. Take heed.