Wolfgang, honest, if you really think that:

"The issues that deal with the landscape of Palestine aren't that much further off base than those that relate to Basque Country, regardless of what you think...what Palestine was offered, and received, and what Basque Country was offered, and received, (are) quite similar, even though it's hard to believe because of the larger extent of violence in Palestine."

then I'm sorry, I have to conclude you've no idea what you're talking about. It'd be tiresome to tell you how different both situations are in almost every possible respect. The truth is Palestinians have no semi-autonomy -let alone autonomy- from Israel, but on paper. To compare their situation with that of the Basque Country is, quite simply, ludicrous. You really sound like an intelligent guy, but on this one, I've got to tell you, you're seriously wide of the mark.
You have to be misinformed about the history and curent situation of both the Basque Country and Palestine to conclude there's more than a vague, superficial resemblance between them.